A pair of good-looking shoes makes you feel great and confident. However, if you have a medical condition that requires you to wear special shoes that is designed to answer a medical condition rather than a fashion statement, these can make you feel awkward.
But poor looking medical shoes are a thing of the past. Most orthopedic shoes are indistinguishable from ordinary shoes. These shoes are now designed not only to address your feet’s medical needs but also your fashion concerns.
Before buying your orthopedic shoes, make sure that you do not commit certain mistakes in choosing and buying. As a client, we tend to get the cheapest deals sacrificing form and function. It is important that you take note of these mistakes to avoid these from happening in the future.
- To get the most out of orthopedic shoes, consult a podiatrist. They can help identify which shoes works best for your condition. Dr. Paul Klein is a podiatrist who specializes in helping people with foot conditions.
- Price factor: Price will always be a major factor when purchasing. However, you must keep in mind that the most important thing is that it should address your medical condition correctly so that the symptoms you are feeling will be alleviated.
- Socks and orthotics fitting: When you buy your orthotic shoes, you should ensure that you have with you your socks and other orthotic devices because you need to wear them before fitting the shoe. This is to ensure that you have the correct fit when you are trying on your new pair.
- Insurance help: Most often, we think that shoes are for fashion only and we neglect using our insurances. Some insurance does cover or reimburse medical supplies and materials such as orthotic shoes, hence, you can save your own money big time.
- Getting your right size: You may be size 7 on Gucci yet size 8 on Prada because some brands really differ on their sizes. Make sure that you check your size before you buy your shoes and more recommended if you properly fit on them with your socks or other orthotic devices on.