If your feet could make a holiday wish list, what would they put on it? At Paul Klein, DPM FACFAS, we don’t think it’s far fetched to reward these hard-working parts of your body with a gift.
BELOW, ARE SOME OF THE ITEMS YOUR FEET MIGHT ASK FOR IF THEY COULD:
- Anti-fatigue mat. If you spend long hours on your feet in the kitchen or at the office, these cushioned mats have been shown to reduce pressure on your feet by as much as 30%. Look for one with a non-slip back for safety.
- Foot massager. These are available in both manual and electronic versions. Not only does a massager feel great on your feet after a long day, they can have health benefits as well. Conditions such as Achilles tendonitis and plantar fasciitis can benefit from massage.
- New shoes. When was the last time that you got your feet professionally measured? Shoe size can increase over time. Patients that continue to buy the same size without periodically having their feet checked may end up with shoes that are too small which can be painful and encourage certain conditions such as bunions and hammertoes. In addition to the correct size, look for shoes made of soft and flexible materials with a roomy toe box and heels no higher than two inches.
- Extra arch support. If you suffer with arch or heel pain, you may need extra support. Start with an examination by our podiatrist, Dr. Paul G. Klein, to determine the cause of your discomfort. The foot doctor may prescribe a custom orthotic supports to correctly position your arch and relieve foot pain.
- Super socks. In the winter months, it’s important to keep feet warm and dry. Look for socks that are made of material that wick moisture away from your feet. This will reduce your risk of fungal infection.
The greatest gift you can give your feet is to get foot pain evaluated and treated promptly. If you are experiencing any problems with your feet, make an appointment today at our Wayne office by calling: (973) 595-1555.