North Jersey Podiatry
PHONE (973) 595-1555
WORKING TOGETHER TO DEVELOP A UNIQUE TREATMENT PLAN FOR YOU.
Paul G. Klein, DPM, FACFAS, PA
Dr. Paul G Klein is a foot, ankle and lower limb podiatric physician specialist. For over 30 years Dr. Klein has adhered to the following concept for practice :” Seek out and Offer the highest level of accepted medical care ;Do what is best for the patient and treat patients as if they are family members.”
Recognizing that education doesn't stop with graduation or a degree, Dr Klein has pursued advanced training in various sub specialities to ensure the continuation of his philosophy of obtaining the latest medically accepted treatments.
He earned a BA from Queens College CUNY in 1977 and a DPM fromThe New York College of Podiatric Medicine in 1981, both with honors. He thencompleted a Residency in Medicine and Surgery at Jewish Memorial Hospital in New York City 1981-1982. Post graduate training in foot and ankle surgery was continuedin Atlanta Georgia with Dr. Kalish, Peripheral Nerve Fellowship with Dr. Dellon ofJohn's Hopkins and Microsurgery at the Curtis National Hand Center in Baltimore.
Dr. Klein has been active in furthering his knowledge by attending advanced training in Europe and the united States during the past 30 years. Dr. Klein has been an invited lecturer locally and nationally on his experience with Lower Extremity Peripheral nerve pathologies. His co-authorship of the publication on Radiofrequency Lesioning for Plantar Fascitis has been expanded into many specialties over the past 20 years. Admitted as an attending to numerous New York and New Jersey Hospitals, Dr. Klein began a 20 year labor of love teaching surgery to podiatric surgical residents.
Dr. Klein is one of the few Doctors of Podiatric Medicine in the United States who has been specifically trained and dedicated a significant portion of his practice to Peripheral Nerve Surgery of the Lower Extremity. Peripheral nerve surgeons aim to relieve peripheral nerve compression mostly in the legs that can cause numbness, tingling, burning ,pain balance problems and loss of feet and toes. This is particularly common in diabetics and chemotherapy patients.
Dr Klein is also one of the few Doctors of Podiatric Medicine Board Certified in Surgery, Medicine and Wound Care; with specialty certification in Nerve surgery. Presently Dr. Klein is Chairperson of the Division of Podiatry at St Joseph's Wayne Hospital.
An avid adventurer, whether kayaking the Alaskan Inside passage or trekking the African plains, Dr. Klein highlights his travels with memorable photographic skills and occasional culinary vino-cultural treats. Dr. Klein's practice and residence has been in Wayne, New Jersey since 1983.
Dr. Klein continues to seek out the best remedies for his patients
- Diplomate,American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- Diplomate; American Board ofPodiatric Orthopedic and Primary Podiatric Medicine
- Diplomate, Wound CareCMET
- Fellow, American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- Fellow, American Professional Wound Care Association
- Fellow, American College of Foot and Ankle Orthopedic Medicine
- Fellow, Association of Extremity Nerve Surgeons
- Microsurgery-Curtis National Hand Center
- Peripheral Nerve Surgery of the Lower Extremity- Dellon Institute for Peripheral nerve Surgery and The Association of Extremity Nerve Surgeons
- Laser Surgery- Johnson & Johnson
- Arthroscopy of the Foot and Ankle – Columbus Hospital
- Illizarov and other External Fixation – Dr Illizarov
- Diabetic Limb Salvage and Reconstruction
- Endoscopic Surgery
- Joint Replacement
- Radiofrequency Surgery
- Minimal Incision Surgery for Foot and Ankle
- Flat Foot Reconstruction
- Stem Cell – Ultrasound Guided treatment
- St Joseph's Wayne Hospital
- St Joseph's Medical Center Paterson
- St. Barnabas Hospitals
- Hackensack Surgi-Center
- McBride Surgi-Center